By Eric Daugherty
January 11, 2021 Updated 11:36 A.M. ET
TALLAHASSEE (FCV) – Tuesday, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R) delivered his 2022 State of the State Address to a joint session of the Florida Legislature.
“Together, we have made Florida the freest state of these United States,” he opened with.
“Florida has stood as freedom’s vanguard. In Florida, we have protected the right of our citizens to earn a living,” DeSantis said, pointing out various statewide efforts to both oppose unconstitutional ‘Faucian’ declarations and to ensure the state’s citizens remain free from tyranny.
“We reject the biomedical security state.”
DeSantis’ explosive address highlighted various successes his administration has achieved, including:
- Witnessing billions of dollars in reserve despite having no income tax and the lowest per capita tax burden in America
- Job creation and labor force outpacing that of the country
- Leading the nation in business formation
- Increasing the pay for teachers
- Enacting a Parents’ Bill of Rights to give parents more say in their child’s education
- Florida’s public university system ranked number one in the country
- Enacting bonuses for law enforcement and emergency responders
DeSantis later outlined his proposal for election integrity in the wake of the worrisome 2020 election: “I have proposed an election integrity unit whose sole focus will be the enforcement of Florida’s election laws.”
“It is Orwellian doublespeak to invoke the concept of ‘voting rights’ to mean ballot harvesting, prohibiting voter ID and taxpayer funding of elections.”
Other proposals outlined by the Governor include:
- Strengthening 2nd Amendment rights of Floridians
- Additional funds for foster parents
- $1 billion gas tax holiday to reduce gas prices and fight inflation
- The elimination of the statewide Florida State Assessment and replacing it with “periodic progress monitoring”
- Increasing pay for law enforcement by 25%
“Seize the moment. And be thankful that God has blessed us to live and serve in America’s liberty outpost, the free state of Florida!”
Share This Post
Florida’s Conservative Voice is a patriotic news network that you can trust to deliver the truth with no hidden agenda. Founder and Editor in Chief Brendon Leslie left his job in mainstream news to practice journalism as it should be, unbiased and unbossed.